The Salvation Army offers a variety of services in Story County:
• Hunger Relief: Residents of Story County are welcome to utilize our food pantry once every 30 days. The amount of food provided varies with family size. We also have our Doing the Most Good Market, where bakery goods, fresh produce and other food items are made available as well as our Family Pantry, where we have hygiene products, diapers and wipes available.
• Homelessness Prevention Services: Residents of Story County are eligible for financial to apply towards their bills in the areas of rent, mortgage, lodging, utilities or prescriptions.
• Emergency Disaster Services (EDS): The Salvation Army of Story County provides emergency disaster services to residents Story County. We assist first responders and victims of fire, flood, tornado and other natural disasters as needed.
• Representative Payee Program: The Salvation Army's Representative Payee Program offers confidential and compassionate assistance with managing a person's income to meet basic needs while planning for future goal.
• Bill Payer Program: The program works specifically with seniors and disabled adults to offer confidential and compassionate assistance with assuring organization is maintained, mail is read and filed and monthly bills are paid.
• Christmas Gifts & Food: The Salvation Army Toy Shop and food assistance will provide a new gift for children and the family’s Christmas meal. We also offer the Adopt-A-Family Program, where local families can adopt a family in need.